• I created the stained glass for the light in the December 18th blog post only to find out that half of them were too small. After another week of stained glass work, I finished and my fingertips were raw. I brought the glass panels to Old California Lantern Company for installation and received the lights about 2 weeks ago. They are absolutely stunning!
• The floors are installed. Lesson learned - make sure the installers verify that the door still opens before the whole thing is laid!!!
• The kitchen, laundry room, and master bathroom American cherry cabinets have been stained with Jel'd Stain Red Mahogany by Wood Kote.
• The walk-in closet cabinets are almost complete.
• The master bedroom fireplace is covered with a beautiful Batchelder tile from Mission Tile West in Santa Monica.
• The living room entertainment center is built and ready for finishing.
• Dave Barlow is installing the ebony plugs in the scarf joints around the house.
• The living room fireplace is having Moonlight flagstone installed right now. It's a very slow process as each piece is being chiseled to the right dimensions. Look on the left part of the mantel and you can see my sugar cube mockup of the stone corner. I made this to make sure they understood how I wanted the 45-degree angles handled.
• The appliances will be installed tomorrow.
• Clear-coating of the mahogany will start in about 2 weeks followed by painting the walls and ceiling.
• Glass tile from Mission Tile West has been installed in the kitchen. It looks amazing!
Well, I'm going to start uploading the pictures now and then I'm off to Kauai for my 40th birthday.
This is a great post to give a lot of information to people on what to do and what to look out and plan for. I really like the lighting and wood styles you have displayed!ReplyDelete